Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Pottenstein, Germany (Take 2!)

My friends Marbury and Christina wanted to beat the heat (and entertain our kids) by heading up to Pottenstein one day to enjoy the mountain coaster, alpine slide, paddle boats and the natural swimming pool. I'm in!


First things first though. I wake up to find this.  I'm like... what is in your hair?  And Grant says, "Natalie put it in there!"  It was silly putty. And I had to cut it out.


I just love Pottenstein!  There's only the red and yellow (mountain coaster and alpine slide) but we still have a blast!  Christina is terrified of heights more than me, so I went a few times with her son Sebastian. Yay, more rides for me!


Marbury got to go with Sebastian too!  Here they come!


Then we went over to the Seecafe for lunch (come on, you know I'm gonna order currywurst every time!) and the kids all wanted to paddle in the Schöngrundsee.  It's a good way to get hot and sweaty before going over to the Felsenbad pool!  But the water is super clear.  There's plenty of fish to be spotted if you look closely!


Marbury and Christina took Natalie, Conner and Sebastian and wound up in the trees. HA!  I told them it was time for their workout and they needed to paddle hard to get out!


The boats are paddled by foot/leg power and of course, these two silly boys didn't have long enough legs to paddle us around.  Not to mention, the steering wheel was all messed up.  Right was left and left was right!  Patrick gave up after a bit and let me take the wheel.


THE funniest thing happened while we were out in this boat.  Grant is looking back and says, "Ummmm, there's no water coming out of the motor!"  TOO FUNNY!  He definitely was remembering the issues we had in Pop Pop's boat! (And for the record, no... there wouldn't be any water coming out of a foot paddle boat because there IS no motor!)


This is so peaceful and idyllic.  Of course... I had two little boys on my boat, so not so much...


Patrick is adorable. He gives me the thumbs up (right after he was dabbing of course). 


I love my big boy!  He was so cute. He knew Sebastian LOVES sharks, so he wore his Jaws shirt!


Oh my word, I'm not sure I've sweat that much since I was in Florida.  Let's hit up the Felsenbad across the street!  The Felsenbad is, according to Wikipedia, one of the most beautiful open-air swimming pools in all of Germany.  It's a natural swimming area, but the filtration system is man made. It's built right up to the rocks!  Sebastian, Patrick and Grant are ready to swim!


Natalie doesn't mind cold water, but Marbury still had to convince her that she had to get in!!


It was 90 degrees F on this date, so the pool actually felt nice. I mean, I didn't get in of course. You know I don't get in unless it's 87!  But the kids had fun!  Patrick and Natalie (the two oldest) were jumping off of the big kid area for the longest time.


After we changed, we stopped by the town of Pottenstein for a little Kuchen und Kaffee, which is not only a German afternoon tradition, but since it was also Christina's birthday, we HAD to celebrate!  The kids got ice cream, and we all ate this amazing marzipan cake.


Happy birthday, Christina!  Hooray for Kuchen and friends!  Love you, gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers