Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Vacation to Florida (Part II)












Some of our vacation was NOT about Natalie! Big shocker, I know. Todd and I got to enjoy a few nights alone down at the Trade Winds Resort in St. Petersburg Beach. We slept until 9 every morning (if the 32-year-old me had told the 22-year-old me that... I would have laughed at myself!) and we went to the beach, enjoyed some fruity drinks (virgin for me of course) and spent some time at the pool. We also went out to dinner both nights. Once to Middle Grounds Grill (excellent choice if you're ever in Treasure Island, FL!), and then to Melting Pot. YUM! We even got to go out and see the new Star Trek movie!

We also attended the wedding of my oldest and dearest friend Emma. I have known Emma since I was 5 and she was 7. She was my neighbor growing up, and my very best friend. Oh the stories she could tell about me! :-) Emma and Kriss had a beautiful evening ceremony on Clearwater Beach, and then a reception on the beach under a big tent. The weather was just perfect and made for beautiful sunset pictures. You could not have asked for more beautiful wedding day weather.

Todd, Cory, Brianna, Dad and I also went to the Tampa Bay Rays-Minnesota Twins game. The Rays lost (and yes, we were rooting for them, but only cause Todd had the Rays pitcher on his fantasy baseball team and the Sox won that day!). It was a good game anyway, and Todd and I went to centerfield to "pet the Rays." They have a Ray tank out in centerfield where you can actually touch some rays. EW! But pretty cool anyway.
AND... Todd got to play 18 holes with my brother and my dad while I went to get my hair done! Nana (Mom) stayed busy the whole week chasing after Natalie, which is of course, her favorite pasttime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers