Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seng and Sopheap's wedding

I went to my first ever Cambodian wedding reception in July.  It was WAAAY fun.  Seng has been a co-worker of mine (albeit now in a different office since I'm in Boston and she's in Fairfax, where I used to work) for almost 8 years.  Girl knows her stuff too, wicked smaht lady!  AND... she knows how to throw a fun reception!

All of my favorite Dewb peeps were there.  In fact, over 300 people were at this reception!  I went down by myself, because we have too many things planned this year to try to get another one of our family members to watch our kids for a whole weekend.  I got to stay with one of my favorite couples- Katie and Jeff.  We had hit up a local winery in the afternoon prior to the wedding reception.  PLUS... it's Cambodian tradition to have a bottle of Hennessy for each table (in addition to the unlimited Heineken!).  Well, the following pictures are what you get when one table challenges another to see who will finish the bottle of Hennessy first...


Above:  Me and Brett Hurm, my birthday twin.  I seriously have no idea what is going on here.  But my arms look good, don't they?


 I have no words.


This is the bride...  Seng flanked by Robyn and Greg.


Seng is naturally pretty anyway, but she looked like a porcelain doll... and her hubby wasn't too shabby either!


This was flat out troublesome.


Brett helped lead our table to victory in the Hennessy Challenge.  We're actually considering a rematch sometime later this year or next.


Cambodian tradition is to present each of the tables with gifts from the bride and groom.  We got cool scarves, which Katie and Jeff showed off on the metro ride back to Vienna.  Jeff snazzed his up with a little head gear. 

Congrats to Seng and Sopheap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers