Saturday, October 15, 2011

Auburn-Florida Game

War Eagle baby!  Todd and I were lucky enough to have my mom come up and watch the kids for about 48 hours while we went down to Auburn for the Auburn-Florida game.  My besties and I try to do this at least once a year, although this year, we actually went twice, if you consider we all went to the National Championship game back in January.


Me and Ayala on our way to the potty with Jordan Hare in the background.  The bathroom was at the Livestock Arena.  Man, only in the south...


Nice pic of Jordan Hare, and oh, did I mention we are reigning National Champions?


Here we are putting up the tent for the tailgate.  This pic isn't as funny unless you know Todd, Lee and Braxton were just sitting around beneath the other tent, having a drink and watching us work.  Thanks guys.


I can't believe I'm putting this picture on this blog, because really, this just isn't me.  First of all, I hardly drink beer anymore.  Second of all, I most certainly don't shotgun.  Well, at least not in the last 15 years anyway.  But I got called out by the Gator fans, so what's a girl to do?  It was only me and Sherpa representing Auburn and all of the other girls were too chicken to do it.  The Crossfitting competitor in me couldn't let it go. I came in first of the three girls (the other two girls were Gators), but third to last overall, ha ha. 


A bunch of us didn't go to the game.  Kim and Rick, Ayala and Lee, and Sherpa, Todd and I decided to go downtown and watch it at the new bar/restaurant that is located where Buffalo's used to be, not too far from Toomers.  This is what our poor, sad trees look like after that crazy Bama fan poisoned them.  Not so good.  The restaurant was kind of lame, but the waitress was nice, and they had TVs, and it wasn't crazy packed.  And... we won!  17-7!  We worked those silly Gators!


The good thing about being where we were is that we go to go roll Toomer's ONE. LAST. TIME.  For having just beat the Gators, I was pretty sad.  Look how pretty it looks!  Not quite like '94 (what a game!) but I'll take it.


Toomer's Drugstore really needs to be open for post game lemonade! 


One last pic before we went back to the hotel for our 3 hours of sleep.  We had an early morning flight out of Atlanta (hour time change, 2 hour drive, had to return the car, etc.) But here we are, 2010 National Champions baby!  This year, not so much.  But it was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers