Monday, November 7, 2011

Update on my eyes

This post is for Rob, who asked in the comments section of my last post about this how my eyes were doing.

Well, it's been over 2 months and they are GREAT!!!  I don't have any pain at all, and my vision is perfect.  I have another follow up next week, so I'll be sure to post more on how I'm doing, even if it's just a quick blurb.  As you know, I didn't have Lasik- I had advanced surface ablation, which is a little different with the same out come.  I had a slight astigmatism, and slightly weakened corneas, so this was determined to be the best procedure for me based on these things.  The recover was kind of tough for a few days, as I felt like scratching my eyeballs out, but it only lasted a few days, and a few adult beverages took the edge off and I slept for 12 hours straight.  The best thing you can do for your eyes is SLEEP.  So if anyone plans on doing this, and has ASA rather than Lasik, I recommend you either a) get a babysitter if you have kids or dogs, or b) make sure your spouse has a handle on the kids/dogs.  But about 5 days after the surgery, they took out the hard contact lenses, and that made a BIG difference.  Every day got a little better, and a week after surgery, I would say I was pretty close to 100%.  For a few weeks, I was having a bit of trouble with halos (and I think almost everyone gets those) but I have been taking my eye drops and vitamin C religiously, so that has helped.  With it now being dark when I go to CrossFit in the morning, or dark when I drive to the chiropractor at night, I've noticed a huge improvement.  The moon still ocassionally halos, but that's about it.  It doesn't affect my driving, because even if the "red light" haloed, I could still see that it was red!  People, houses, street signs, etc. did not have halos.  Just bright lights, and only when you look directly at them. 

When I last went to the doctor, I was 20/16, and could even read a few letters on the 20/12 line.  I had to go searching for it, but I was previously -2.00 prescription in one eye, and -1.75 in another. I think I was about 20/90 and 20/80, or pretty close to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers