Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Trip to Florida, Part I

Part I of the series begins with the 2012 Turkey Trot.  I, Colleen Bailey, being of sound mind and body... or not... decided this year to run my first ever 10K!


 I finished in 1:02:44.  And that was good for me.  About a 10 minute mile.  I'm okay with that.  I finished, and I only had a few water break stops.  I felt like I was crushing it.  Meanwhile, Brie finished with a 5 minute PR in 53 minutes.  And Uncle Rob finished in 48 minutes!  What?  A girl can dream.


Meanwhile, CoCo pushed Grant in the stroller for the Gobbler 1 miler.  Todd and Natalie walked, although by the end of the mile, Natalie was on Todd's shoulder.  1 mile ain't no joke.  


Now that we've got that out of the way, it's time to hit up the 36th annual Thanksgiving dinner table.  What, what?!?!  And no... it's not paleo.  And that's okay.  There's corn.  And turkey.  And some noodles. 


Natalie, of course, enjoyed the rolls the most.  But I really took this picture to capture the essence of Nana's pretty Thanksgiving dinner table.  


 The day after Thanksgiving, Todd, Cory, Brie and I took the kids to Lowery Park Zoo.  My kids rarely take cute pictures together, but this one was pretty awesome.  CoCo Brie got Grant this little truck and he wouldn't leave it at home- he loved it!


All 4 of us went on the carousel and had a cute family photo.  And no Cory, my sunglasses aren't on crooked.


Next up was the train, which Grant was so excited to ride.  You can see Todd rode with Grant and Brie rode with Natalie.  When the conductor came by, he was giving high fives and he looked at Todd and Brie and said something to the effect of, "Hey mom and dad!"  which for some reason, I got the BIGGEST kick out of.  


And of course, you can't go to Lowery Park Zoo without going on the Tiger roller coaster, as Grant calls it! Above, you can see Todd holding on to Grant on the roller coaster.  This was his first roller coaster ride ever!  I like that Grant has his fingers in his ears, as if that was going to make it less scary.  And I particularly like CoCo-Nat in this one too.   Look ma, no hands!


BOO!   My best Gene Simmons impersonation.


They shared a moment in the middle of Gulf Boulevard once.  Now, it was a special moment with the rhinos.


At the end of the day, as we were about to leave, we stopped by the log flume ride.  Cory, Nat and I decided to take it for a whirl, and boy did we get drenched!  We took our best, "We are fierce and unafraid" picture afterward!   Natalie loved this ride... I think if she were just a *wee bit* taller, we'd totally be going to Busch Gardens!  She just loves crazy rides!


And of course, it's not a true LPZ experience without a closing bag of cotton candy!  It's so cute that she has like a partial cotton candy mustache going on here... but even funnier that I apparently have some on my face and I didn't even know it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers