Tuesday, September 29, 2015

We Got a House!

Well that didn't take long!

We have only been in our temporary house for a week!  Some people are in their temporary housing for months before they find a place.  We went into the housing office on Friday and the woman who works there, Heidi, said, "I have a place and you MUST take it because it is the best house we have in the system.  You will LOVE it."  Ok.  It's totally against our better judgement to take the first (and only!) house we look at... but for real.  This place is sweet.

First... it's a sign.  My second favorite flower in the world (blue dendrobiums are tops!) are hydrangea.  And look!  My very own and my very first hydrangea bush! 


The kiddos found a swingset in the backyard.  Immediate joy.


DUUUUUDE.  What.  Look at this kitchen. 


This is the biggest kitchen I've ever had.  Maybe this whole "learning to be a cook" thing won't be so bad!


Outside, Todd found that we have hand pump wells!  Isn't that cute?  I don't know why, but I find that extremely funny!  There are two of them on the property.  Dietmar (our landlord) said they really only should be used for watering the lawn and such. I don't think I've ever seen a working pump, much less my kiddos. 


Look at these beautiful windows in my pantry.  Sadly, they are in my pantry.  But wait, I have a pantry!?! 


The rental car in the driveway (and Dietmar's Jeep in the background ha ha).  I have a big driveway, and even a garage underneath! 


Our living room.  Complete with ficus tree (left), large storage piece (center) and stone fireplace (right).  Sweet.


Our back patio.  It's so... German! 


The front door might be my favorite part. I just love rounded doorways.


The babes in front of our house.  Now if only our HHG would arrive so we could finally make this a home!  Thankfully... that's what temporary Army furniture is for!


Not QUITE sure how I'm going to use this oven, however, I know I'm going to require some competence.


Afterward, we went out to dinner.  We found a little pizza place in Grafenwöhr and had a nice dinner.  But afterward, it's apparently customary for the staff to bring you shots of some kind of after dinner aperitif.  Usually that would be amaretto (seen above) or Limoncello.  OK!  I won't say no to free alcohol!  Thank you very much, Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers