Thursday, October 22, 2015

Meet George Jetta!

I got a new car! I got a new car!

Ok, I was admittedly sad to give my beloved Sally Civic to my niece Madison but after 16 years, it was time to finally get myself a new car.  After all, don't I deserve it!?  

Of course, part of the deal to save some money was that I would have to drive up to Bremerhaven to pick it up and drive it back myself.  No easy task, since the drive was about 6 hours long and Bemerhaven is on the North Sea!  I took the train up there early in the morning on Thursday.


 Sorry for the blurriness of all of these photos.  The windows on the train weren't the best.  Fall along a river in Germany.


I just love the German countryside, dotted with little towns.
 

 A vineyard growing on a hill. 

 

 Beer and a sammy.  No one even judges.  It's just a thing here.


It was a sign! Literally and figuratively!  I saw this big VW sign at one of our stops along the way on the way to Bemerhaven.


I had to get off of the big boy trains in Bremen and switch to a local train, but I had a few minutes so I left the station and checked out this cool carnival.  It looked like so much fun!  Too bad I didn't have time to ride any of the rides!

 
There's a ton of paperwork to be done to pick up your car, and I had just traveled many hours to Bremerhaven.  So imagine my panic when the guy at the counter informs me that I don't have power of attorney and I am not authorized to pick up my car!  WTF.  He said he was okay with me picking up the car, but he couldn't be certain about the customs guys I would encounter down the road in my final stop before heading home.  Had to snap a Colleen-George selfie first.  

So I'm very nervous, but trying not to be obviously so.  The two guys seemed to take forever and of course, I don't speak any German so I have no idea what they are saying.  At one point a truck drives up and I hear one of them mutter "Scheisse" (which is um... the bad word for poop) and I start giggling.  (Because of course the only word I can understand in their conversations would be a curse word, right?!)  Thankfully, the guys stamped my paperwork and sent me on my way! I have no idea what I would have done ha ha!


Finally home, safe and sound in his new driveway.  Welcome to the family, George!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers