Saturday, December 10, 2016

So, this just happened....

Todd and Natalie both auditioned for the Grafenwoehr Performing Arts Center's (GPAC) Holiday Musical Revue.  It was scheduled to be two shows in total... one on Friday, December 9 and one on Saturday, December 10.  Natalie has been DYING to go on stage and be a performer.  She always amazes me.  She is totally fearless!  Acting has always been Todd's thing, and even though this show was nearly all singing, he wanted to do it so he could have a better shot at doing future shows.  He doesn't think he can sing, so he breathed a sigh of relief when he had to sing two duets.  He specifically told me that he was really glad he did not have to do a solo.

So they've been going to rehearsals 2-4 days a week for the past 4-6 weeks.  Only this week did I actually sit through any of the rehearsals because Todd was in Kaiserslautern for a work training all week.  So I had to take Natalie to nightly rehearsal.  Rehearsal lasted about 2 hours, but it wasn't really enough time for me to drive to Graf, drive home, drive back to Graf and drive home again.  After rehearsal on Wednesday, Mr. Pete, the director informs me that Tammy, Todd's duet partner for The First Noel is EXTREMELY sick and that she likely won't be able to sing with Todd for the actual performances.  Todd will have to do a solo.  Panic sets in.  He really doesn't want to do a solo!  I can't let this happen, I need to intervene!  So I ask Pete if he needs someone else to sing with Todd.  He asks if I can sing.  I say, "Well, not really but I guess I'm not super awful." HA!

This is the story of how I wound up on stage at the Grafenwoehr Performing Arts Center's Holiday Musical Revue, 2016. 


Thankfully I only had to sing THIS ONE SONG with Todd.  Pardon everything about this video.  My poor singing.  Grant's not-so-awesome videography skills.  We told him that he can't zoom in and out because you lose audio when that happens.  He zoomed in and out anyway.  My microphone was entirely too low, compared to Todd's. The whole thing!  Admittedly though, this (the Saturday evening show) was the better of our two performances. 


Meanwhile THIS CHILD was incredible.  Not only did she sing her heart out, but notice the little curtsy at the end.  I'm so, so, so proud of her!  She wasn't even nervous at all!


Meanwhile, I'm nervous enough to need a cheat sheet.  To be fair, I only used this on the first night.


We had to be there about an hour and a half before the show started.  Everyone wanted to practice!


Josh belting out sleigh ride.  Natalie looks bored ha ha!


Josh's son Caleb had several songs in the show.  He was pretty darn good!


Because Todd's singing partner Tammy was so sick, Director Mr. Pete had to take over to sing Gloria.


The hardest song (range wise) of the night was Oh Holy Night, sung by Tina.  Bravo to her for even attempting this one!  I was really impressed!


Josh kind of loves being on stage. Here he is at the end of Sleigh Ride.


This was the sweetest rendition of Silent Night that I have ever heard.  These kids worked so darn hard and performing in front of a crowd isn't easy!  I don't even know these kids and I was so proud of them all!


Todd had one line in the movie.  He originally had two songs, but Pete decided to scrap one at the last minute.  Todd was VERY thankful.  Oh wait!  The name of the song was Thankful!  HA!  Seriously though... Todd CRUSHES his one line.  And then Tiffany comes in with her insanely beautiful voice and sings, "Believe."

I'm really disappointed.  I thought I took video of Cletis Reaves singing What Child is This... and I can't find it on my phone or camera.  It was really amazing.  He literally gave me goosebumps!


And now for the tear jerker of the night, the closing song... I'll Be Home For Christmas by SSG Frank Brown. 


Natalie got some flowers from her daddy.  Here she is with Lakon (who sat on one side of her during the show) and Kayla (who sat on the other side of her during the show). 


Total hams, these kids!  Until next year, GPAC Holiday Musical Revue!  And maybe we'll even get Grant to join in next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers