Friday, September 22, 2017

Random August and September Happenings

Lots of things happened in September that weren't really travel related but I like to document them anyway!  First... we had the first day of school!  


First, the "nice" first day of school picture on the front steps.


Second, always a funny first day of school picture on the front steps.


What?  What is this?  Where did these babies go?  Who are these big kids?


One day, the kids and Todd went on a hike in Pottenstein (leaving Mommy at home to GSD.)  They did a pretty decent hike!


They hiked so hard, Grant had to take off his shirt!


But the views in Pottenstein were amazing!  Kind of wish I had gone!


This was a pretty cool tower that you could climb and get really pretty views of the Swiss Franconian countryside.


See?  Super pretty!  Little boy and little girl have their walking sticks.  Isn't Bavaria pretty?


There's a spot in the grass where you can place rocks and make your name or a phrase out of it.  I think you can see what my family did with the rocks that they spent 30 minutes collecting!


Then the cuties went over to the Pottenstein mountain coaster and took a ride!


Cool pic of Grant doing some jumping in Pottenstein.


Nat getting some major air in Pottenstein.  They love doing this!


We also had a tornado come through near Vilseck and Sorghof when we were on our trip to Liechtenstein!  Thankfully, there wasn't much of any structural damage, but the trees got tore up!


The tree damage was so bad on this section of SR2166, that they had to close it for a period of time while they got all of the trees out of the road!


I also went to see my sweet friend Jessica in the (female version) of the Odd Couple at the GPAC.  That's her on the far right. She was SO funny!  Such a good performance!


Natalie also got a mega haircut!  Isn't she lovely?


THEN there was Hurricane Irma.  My parents had to evacuate, which meant my dad had to take his traditional "drinking the Wild Turkey" picture before the storm hit.  It's one of my favorite things that he does!  It's so him!


At one point, this was the track of Hurricane Irma. RIGHT. OVER. MY. CITY.  I stared at the radar for hours, and as it made its turn toward the Florida Keys, it was supposed to head northwest but began instead to take a more northerly turn.  Frame by frame, I watched as the storm stayed on a northward path. It was the best situation for Tampa Bay, because it would have more land mass to chew it up before it got there, weakening it significantly.  And that's what happened!  In the end, my parents had a lot of landscaping damage and about $1500 worth of damage to the roof.  They were definitely lucky to avoid major damage.


I might have had a birthday in September, too.  My husband sure knows how to decorate a cake!


OK forget the darn cake.  LOOK WHAT HE MADE ME! Seriously!  He made this!  That's one of my Makers Mark bottles! He's like MacGuyver! I can't tell you how thrilled I was with this gift.  Seriously thoughtful and he put so much hard work into it!  (Now I told him he has to make more and sell them so we can do more traveling!)

Now we're on to October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers