Saturday, October 12, 2019

Emirates Airlines Airbus A380 First Class Experience

If you thought the 777 was cool... wait until you see the A380!


But first... the Emirates First Class Lounge.  Because you know this ain't no business class!  And let me tell you... it puts the one in Munich to shame!



It's literally the entire length of the airport, but one story up.  Which makes me think... how many people are flying first class on Emirates?  Enough to warrant this mammoth first class wing!



"A whole floor of luxury for a more sophisticated airport experience, just for you."  This is a map of the entire first class lounge!



Yeah, keep those kids quiet.  I spent a lot of money for this flight and I don't need no stinking toddlers ruining my fun!  (Also, who brings a toddler in first class?  Once again, that is a level of wealth I will never know.)


My mom and I went down to the breakfast area to have a little something to eat before our flight.  I loved the lighting on the ceiling.


Why yes, I will have some champagne.  (Negative points for it not being Dom!)


I could not figure out how we were going to board this monster aircraft.  In the first class lounge, you have your own gate and jet way to the airplane.  You go to the gate, and then to an elevator which takes you down to the first class jet way.  After all, we couldn't dare be expected to board with the other passengers.


وداعا (wadaeaan) Dubai! 


In Dubai, they pour the Dom BEFORE take off, which they don't do in Germany.  Someone, somewhere mentioned it likely has to do with taxes but I'm not really sure.


My happy place. I could drink Dom and Arabic coffee ALL. DAY. LONG.


Mom goofing off behind me in her suite.  Isn't she suite?


Finally, they pulled back the jet way and we were on our way back to Munich.


Oh hello over there fellow A380!  I wonder where they were flying to?


My suite on the A380 could only show me this view as we prepared for takeoff. For some reason, the camera under the belly of the plane wasn't working.


Even though it was hazy, we could see the Burj Khalifa as we took off from Dubai.  (At this point, I still don't think we were as high as the top yet!)


My kids get really mad that I always take the window seat but I love to try to figure out where I am (I often use Google maps if it's available, and I had WiFi on this flight.)  Here we are flying past the King Fahd Industrial Port in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.


I'm absolutely never going to say no to crisps and Dom.


I'm actually not sure where this is, but if I am remembering correctly, we were over Kuwait.


Mom: "Psssst.  Colleen?  Are you ready to go back to the bar?" 


They even let us bar tend in the back of that A380!  Ok, maybe they didn't.  Maybe they just let us take pictures.


The REAL drink maker.  Speaking of Makers, they didn't have it... but they did have Woodford!


This guy was hilarious and totally wasted.  When in Rome!


This is just a side picture of the bar area.  When we were back there, there was a bit of turbulence, so they made us all sit down and put seat belts on.  So funny!


There was, of course, a lot of nonsense going on.  Here, my mother was wonder what she would look like with my hair!


I went up to the bar to order another drink and this guy had ordered two of these amazing looking drinks.  So I was asking him what they were, and I wanted to take a picture of them (they really are so pretty!)  As we were taking this picture, his wife walked in! HA!


This guy on the left was so funny... he wasn't nearly as drunk as the other guy.  But he felt the need to "save me" from this other guy.  


Just lounging around the first class bar area.  Don't mind me.


The GRAND FINALE was the SHOWER!  The flight attendants come around before the flight and you can book a time to take a shower.  I think I'm the only one who wanted to do this, but not because I needed a shower.  I just wanted to say I took a shower at 37,000 feet ON AN AIRPLANE.  Obviously, this was the only photo I have of the experience!  But it was really fun!  Afterwards, I got all cozy and fell asleep in my suite for a bit before we finally landed in Munich.

I'd like to say "until next time, Emirates First Class" but you KNOW there will never be a next time!  Not unless I win the lottery!  But what an incredible experience... I'll never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers