Monday, April 17, 2023

Trip Back to Germany - Day 3 (Grafenwöhr and Nuremberg)

 Giya's mom Julie dropped Natalie off at our AirBnB before we had to meet up with Todd's former coworker to get back on base to say hello to everyone.  

These two!  It makes me so sad that they don't live closer.  I'm so glad they had a great time together.

After we checked out of our AirBnb, we headed over to the base to meet up with Todd's former coworker Rob who had to get us on base cause you know... we don't have those ID cards anymore!  We were able to go see a bunch of Todd's former coworkers and we swung by the Graf tower for some quick family photos!  


Well, once again, I wasn't sure which picture I liked more so I included them both!


Goofballs in front of the famous water tower that was built in 1911.


All four Bailey's on German soil.


We knew that before we left Graf to head over to Nuremberg, we needed to grab some lunch, so why not hit up the Food Court at the PX like we have so many times before??


I went with the Brunner Bäcker tuna and cream cheese (don't knock it til you try it! My friend Alicia introduced these to me forever ago and they are YUMMY) while the rest of my family randomly went for the American food!

It was a great visit to our old military base (but not long enough because we didn't get to Vilseck to see all of MY people!) - but eventually the kids were itching to get to Nuremberg because they were ready for some coasters and beer!  Ok, ok, maybe they were just ready for the roller coasters!

I still can't believe that our spring break aligned with the Nürnberger Volksfest!

It's never a cheap day, but it's always a guaranteed good time at Volksfest!

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to the low swings and make Mommy happy because this is ALWAYS my favorite ride. (Also, what face am I making here??)


Let's goooooo!


Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!  Why is my family so far away from me???


Next up was the WildeMaus roller coaster.  We have been on this ride a thousand times over the years, I think! We laughed, screamed, got bruised up ... it was hilarious!  And you can see that Todd still does not fit in any of the rides!


Natalie wanted us to stand here as if to say Colleen + Todd = 💖 But then we thought it would be funnier if we said Colleen + Todd = Natalie!


The sun finally came out a bit on this particular day as we walked around Volksfest, which was kind of crazy because we were certain it was going to rain all day. While walking around, Natalie spotted Alan and Carlos from The Hangover (which she recently watched, I know... I'm a bad mom) and thought it was super funny.


The name of this funhouse was ... well... The Hangover! Don't forget Lachen!  (To laugh!)


HANOVER WARNING!  Ummm, ok... it's a kids funhouse, but sure! Oh Germany, you're still so funny!


The kids declared that they had never had fruit on a stick (which they sell a lot of at Volksfest) so we stopped for some chocolate covered fruit. I mean, how ELSE will I ever get Natalie to eat fruit???


And then we stopped for some dinner - and this, of course.


Oh phew, here I am!  I think we ate at this tent every time we have ever been to Volksfest.


And probably for good reason. I had currywurst mit pommes a few times on our trip, but this one was the best that I had the whole time I was in Germany.


Aaaaand then we got churros after dinner. Good thing Todd and I lost a lot of weight before this trip because we certainly ate everything in sight - and it was GOOD!


HEIDI!  It's not just a regular roller coaster - it's a roller coaster in which each individual car spins!


So of course, we went for another spin. I think we went on this coaster 3 or 4 times!


Todd, making the most of his time at Volksfest!  This is when we gave our kids $50 and said, "We are going to drink beer! Go have some fun and leave us alone!"


Well, I guess Todd drank beer without me....


Nope. Just kidding. I was there too!  With a beer half the size of his!


Eventually, we decided to call it a day because everyone was tired. And we were out of money.


Not only were we broke because we ate and drank most of the afternoon, but the rides are NOT cheap and we even bought two pictures!  This one was so funny because I totally FORGOT the camera was there, even though I had been on it several times.


We rode WildeMaus too - natürlich, because we definitely staged this one!

Ahhh Volksfest, we loved you so much, we decided to come back the following day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers