Thursday, December 17, 2009

Making Christmas cookies




This year, I decided to make some Christmas cookies with Natalie. I coincided the cookie making festivities with my parents and brother's visit for Grant's baptism. Thankfully I did, because everyone knows I have no idea what I'm doing in the kitchen! But my mom does! The cookie dough was easy to make, but then I realized I had no idea where my rolling pin was! It's somewhere in the garage in a box. So instead, we used an O'Douls beer bottle for rolling out our dough! HA! Natalie had fun helping Nana and Mommy "mix" the dough. Then she got to do the cookie cutouts in the dough, which was equally as fun! We had a star, a Christmas tree, a candy cane, and a stocking.

We waited to ice the cookies until after Grant's baptism party on Sunday. She licked all of the icing off before eating the cookie. Everyone took turns frosting their cookies with Natalie. (Sorry I cut off your head CoCo!) Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So cute..I keep meaning to do this w. K. I alreadyhave the dough made in the fridge, I just keep running out of time after nap before bedtime. Maybe tomorrow....fun memories for the girls to have.

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers