Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sledding!


We got 10 inches of snow overnight so we decided to take Natalie sledding this morning in our driveway. There is a pretty nice little hill that is at the start of the driveway to our townhome complex. I learned a lot about snow and sledding today. I'm from Florida and this was my first time sledding (ever!) First, I didn't know that dry, powdery snow is better for sledding. I also didn't know you need it compacted down first before you can go flying down it. We had 10 inches of snow, so all of that needed to be compacted down, otherwise, the sled (and you on it) would just sink into the snow.

Natalie... not such a big fan. I think it scared her a bit. Maybe because the guy plowing the sidewalks came by at the wrong moment and scared her. Or maybe because she was sitting in my lap and I was screaming and laughing. That might have scared her, ha ha. Natalie much preferred Todd pulling her around on the toboggan sled (and not down a hill). I really want to go out to a BIG hill somewhere and go sledding. Babies can't really go though... and since someone has to stay with Grant... it's usually me since I'm his only source of food! Oh well, maybe next year!

Now it's time for hot chocolate and fluff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers