Friday, August 13, 2010

What we've been doing in August

We have been so busy, I haven't had time to post anything.  We went to Plymouth last weekend to visit with Todd's brother and his family who were in town from Maryland.  We had fun going to the pool and playing with the cousins, Megan, Hannah and Ryan.  Ryan is 5'10" now, so other than Seth and my own wee bitty ones, I am the shortest person in the family!  Nice.

Then we all came back on Monday but we brought Lauren and Madison with us.  Maureen was closed for the week because she was on vacation, so the girls watched the kids during the day while we went to work.  They did great!  Todd and I were able to go to several CrossFit classes this week (including our first one together) and we both were able to work late one night each this week since we're super busy at work too.  I think I want Lauren and Madison to move in permanently.  I would love to have a nanny!

Helen picked Lauren up from our house last night and today, the rest of us are all going to Plymouth.  Todd and his dad are having a re-do of the Bailey Invitational at Cape Cod Country Club this afternoon.  The kids will be hanging with Madison and Grammi.  Then tomorrow morning, we'll take the kids and Madison to KK's house in South Yarmouth and Todd and I are going to Wellfleet to the Cucci house for some weekend fun with the Wilmington crew.  Good times! 

After this weekend, things will be quiet for a while.  Natalie starts preschool on the 30th, for 3 full days a week.  Sniff sniff.  I got her backpack already.  I know she's been going to full day daycare since she was 3 months old, but there is something about preschool that just makes her seem like such a big girl.  I know she will have fun though.  She's very much looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend on the Cape! Hope you all enjoy the weather there.
    - Natalie's preschool is a big deal, and we can understand why its emotional, too. She's growing up!
    - BTW, I'm the shortest in my family, too (out of three boys) and even though I'm 47, I still have to by short pants in the boys dept (because the men's dept. starts at a 32 waist)... so I pay 1/2 of what it costs in the men's dept.! :) There's a good side to everything. In addition, for some reason, the boys dept. even size 20, have a better choice in superhero tee-shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers