Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Auburn-Clemson game

For my birthday, I got a weekend away.  I flew down to Atlanta Friday morning and a bunch of us drove to Auburn that afternoon.  (But not before having lunch with Bayless, who was not going to Auburn because she flew to L.A. to see her husband, who is the drummer for Skid Row, play at the Verizon Amphitheater!).

Luckily, Kim's husband Rick scored us a free sweet 4 bedroom condo/townhome!  His company owns the place and during the week, some of the workers who are working on projects in Auburn stay there.  But they leave on the weekend, so we got a free place to stay.  

Friday evening, we all went to Amsterdam's for dinner and a mini ZTA reunion (our sorority).  


My big sis Hope is in the pink almost off screen next to Ayala.  Then there's (and I'm only giving maiden names here!) Melissa Ayala, Kirstin Myers, Kara McLaughlin, Stacie Wright, Katie Allen, Michelle Motley, and Tyler Martin. 

While we were there, Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler, and Erin Andrews came in and sat in a corner booth.  GameDay was live from Auburn on Saturday, so they were in town.  We love them because they always have great things to say about Auburn.  Plus Erin Andrews is a ZTA! 

Saturday we got up early to get to the tailgate.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get the TV to work, but we did have satellite radio and listened to some of the earlier games while eating burgers, brats, potato salad, brownies, veggies and dip, and cookies. 


Oh let's not forget my old pal, Maker's Mark, who made an appearance.  Ayala and I started drinking beer, but it was just making us sleepy.  Thankfully Maker's Mark (aka: brown liquor) was there to save the day!  I don't think you can see it very well in the picture below, but the normally red seal wax on the top of the bottle is actually orange and blue when you buy it in Auburn!


Katie (Allen Gust, blonde, long hair in the first picture above, next to Stacie) told me to meet her at the athletic center at 3:30 to get my ticket.  Her husband works for Auburn and scored me a nice, free ticket!  Hooray! Missy and I hit the bookstore before we were going to meet Katie.  I picked up some cute things for the kids- look for future pictures/posts about how cute my kids look in Auburn gear! Anyway, due to lack of cell phone signal (because you know, Auburn becomes the 3rd largest city in Alabama on Saturday's in the fall), I couldn't get ahold of her.  So Missy and I watched Tiger Walk and hung out with the Garner's (Kristen's parents!) before heading back to the tailgate.


The game was a good one.  Katie's seats were really awesome.  Hope and I sat on the 30-35 yard line, about 45 rows up.  It was so good to spend some time with my Big Sis too!  I hadn't seen her since 2008, and even then, it was brief.  Thank goodness for Facebook!  Speaking of that, if it weren't for Facebook, I wouldn't have know to wear blue.  You can see all of the Auburn fans wearing navy, because the Clemson fans are wearing orange.


The picture above is kick off.  War Eagle, hey!  And the picture below is probably my favorite picture of the weekend. We were down 17-3 at halftime, then took a 24-17 lead in the second half, only to have Clemson come back again (on dumb Auburn mistakes), and take it into overtime.  In overtime, we scored first (3 pointer) but then there was a false start by Clemson as their kicker MADE the field goal.  So they brought it back.  And guess what? He missed it!   I love a good Auburn win, especially for my birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers