Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Great weekend

We really had a very nice weekend.  Yes, it was hectic and stressful, and no, I didn't get any pictures, but it was productive and fun!

Saturday morning, Todd went to CrossFit while Grant, Natalie and I went to gymnastics.  Natalie's coach (Gary) told me that Natalie was VERY strong!  It's funny to watch her out in the gym doing her gymnastics, because there are a lot of gymnastics moves that we do in CrossFit.  Things like knees to elbows, the rings, handstands, etc.  I saw Natalie doing knees to elbows with ease.  Meanwhile, I can't do that AT ALL!  She's going to school me when she's 4/5 and starts CrossFit Kids!

Natalie took a slightly early nap on Saturday and I went to get my haircut.  My normal girl was booked up and I HAD to get my haircut before I went to Spain.  It was insanely long.  The other girl, Jillian, did a great job and had a fantastic flat iron that I contemplated buying for about 5 minutes until she told me about chemical relaxing... and I am TOTALLY going to do that when I get back from Spain.  It's kind of expensive, but you only have to do it twice a year, and your hair will be super straight even right out of the shower.  I really need this, because after having my two babies, I got a crazy wave in the back of my head.  It started out fairly small with Natalie but grew to encompass the entire back of my head with Grant.  It's frustrating because flat iron's really don't even get it out.  So I'm excited to get it chemically straightened. 

I came back home and Natalie and I hopped in the car and headed into Boston for the Yo Gabba Gabba live show.  It was funny- Natalie kept telling me that she wanted to give Brobee (the little green one) a hug.  But I kept telling her that we would only see them from afar, and they would be on stage singing and dancing.  I wasn't sure she quite got the concept.  So the show starts and it's SUPER fun. I was a little surprised.  I really don't even like the TV show, but the live show was really high energy, lots of songs that we knew, and wasn't too long (so my toddler paid attention the WHOLE time!).  There was about a 15 minute intermission halfway through, and of course, at about minute 14, Natalie goes, "I gotta go potty!"  GREAT.  So we run up the aisle, down the hall, down the stairs and to the bathroom.  On our way out, we can see two of the characters, Muno and Foofah.  So we go halfway up the stairs (so as not to block their way- they were also coming up the stairs), and Natalie is in total awe.  Muno comes right up to her with open arms and she gives him a big hug!  Then we follow them upstairs as they are waiting to go into the audience to walk up the aisles back to the stage, and the lady who was leading Foofah around said, "Would you like to hug Foofah?"  So Natalie RUNS up to Foofah (cutting off the other little girl who was there!) and gives her a big hug!  She comes back and goes, "Foofah is soft."  All I could think of was meeting Peter Buck in the airport in Madrid and thinking about how excited I was to meet one of my idols!  The second half of the show was equally as entertaining and Natalie really had fun.  So much, that she had a little tantrum as we were trying to leave.  She didn't want it to end and was begging me to go to the next city.  I'm like, "What are you?  Me, following REM around?"  I went to 3 REM shows in the summer of 2008 (Raleigh, DC, and Jones Beach, NY).  I was amused by her obsession (although, NOT the tantrum).  I bribed her with muffins that Maureen had made with her and were at home in the fridge.  She immediately perked up and we went home and had the muffin treats.  Whew, muffins save the day!

Saturday was also a good football game- Auburn beat South Carolina in another close game, and Mississippi State beat Georgia!  I love it when both of my teams win!!!

Sunday we got a lot of things done around the house.  We even started getting ready for our trip to Spain next week.  Just buying some toiletries and getting the kids diaper bag and church bag ready for Grammi and Bean's.  I got a bunch of other things done around the house (sheets changed, floors vacuumed, swiffered, mail organized, etc.).  We also ate YUMMY food this weekend- Todd made homemade meatballs with tomatoes, zucchini, onions and squash in the slow cooker, and we had chicken apple sausage from Trader Joe's.  SO YUM.  The Patriots won in a nail biter, and the only thing that brought my weekend down was the darn Bucs lost to the Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers