Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kid update

I always feel like if I don't have pictures to post, what I have to say just isn't worthy. Okay, that is just crazy talk. My kids lives are totally worthy, to all 5 of my blog readers!

Natalie had her first progress report at preschool and it was a glowing review! She is polite and listens to her teachers. She loves playing on the playground with her friends (doing make believe/pretend) and really enjoys arts and crafts. The only black mark was her occasional tantrum that she throws when Todd comes to pick her up. It's usually when she is having a good time playing on the playground with her friends, and doesn't want to go home because she is having so much fun. As embarrassing as those tantrums are for Todd, I guess there are worse problems to have! As the teacher wrote in the report, "It's so good to see she is so happy here!"

Grant is moving all around now. He's a pretty speedy crawler, and he has started to pull himself to a stand. Todd has seen him take a step or two ("cruising"). But not really.

We have seen some great progress in Grant's eating too! I mean, he's always been a good eater. I've never seen him turn away from a food. He eats EVERYTHING. In stark contrast to his sister, who eats NOTHING. However, we were having some issues with textures, which he seems to be pretty much over. Lumpy, crunchy, you name it, he'll eat it. He will sometimes take too big of a bite and start gagging on it, but it's not because of the texture. His other issue was that he didn't want to be the one to feed himself. He wanted YOU to do it. He would cry and get upset if there was yummy looking food on his tray but you weren't giving it to him! I would just get up and walk away but the crying would escalate and... well... I'm an enabler, so I would go give it to him. Last night something must have clicked, because he just started picking up green beans and eating them! Todd said he ate about 12 (this is after I gave him about 12, then had to leave to go to the chiropractor). The thing is, he CAN do it. He was just choosing not to. I hope this trend continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers