Monday, November 1, 2010

Grant's 1st Birthday Party

Grant's 1st birthday party was held at my in-laws house in Plymouth.  Todd's two sisters and their families (minus Madison and Uncle Gordie) were also there, as well as Aunt Betty.  We had some cake, witch cupcakes (hand made by Carole and they were so cute... I really wanted one!  But it's not Paleo, sniff sniff...), and ice cream, followed by some present opening.

 
We got Grant this funny hat, and he wasn't sure what to make of it at first... but he never tried to yank it off or anything!


Grant obviously can't blow out his own candle yet, so he had some help from his big cousin Seth, his parents, and big Sis Natalie.



I captured a couple of sweet pictures of the kids.  I love the first one where they are both laughing.  Grant didn't dive into his cake as I had hoped (but in reality, I knew he wouldn't).  He's just like his mama, in that he doesn't like to get his hands dirty.  He has never liked anyone touching or grabbing his hands either.  Natalie didn't like anyone touching her face.  But she was always fine with the hands (as evident by her first birthday where she shoved a whole piece of cake in her mouth!).  Grant really liked the cake, but only if you were spoon feeding it to him!


I also took this cute picture of some of the Bailey boys (well, Gordon is a Fitch!).  We have big, big cousin Gordon, Seth, Daddy and the birthday boy, who is sticking his tongue out.  They all look so cute!

Overall, I think Grant was a little overwhelmed.  He is getting over an ear infection and has some molars coming in, so he's been a little cranky lately.  I can't wait until next year when I think he'll be a little more into it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers