Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kids update/camera update

No, we do not have a new camera.  Yes, we are looking for one.  I've narrowed it down to a couple, and need to get Todd's seal of approval on it.  However, he has jury duty this week, so he won't be around a computer except for in the evening, and I highly doubt he'll want to look at cameras after an exhausting day of sitting around, doing nothing, and waiting to be called for jury selection.

So, the kids are sick, still, and in different ways.  Grant has a run of the mill cold and is generally grumpy, and Natalie actually has... get this... an ear infection!  Last night Todd and I were enjoying a bottle of wine and the flick "The Town" (great movie by the way, Ben Affleck has totally redeemed himself in my book after The Town and Gone Baby, Gone, which is one of my favorite movies).  Toward the end of the movie we hear a little voice on the monitor, "Daddy?  Daddy?"  A certain little girl's right ear was hurting her.  We haven't had an ear infection in about a year and a half.  So after some Motrin, some songs and backrubs, she announced that her ear no longer hurt!  (I had left the room and she said, "Daddy, tell mommy it doesn't hurt anymore!"  Isn't she cute to think of me?).  This morning, Todd took her to the doctor and sure enough, it's pink in her right ear.  She's already had the first of the antibiotics and is well on her way to recovery.  Or at least I hope, because really, one or the other kid has been sick pretty much since the end of October.  We've had a few good days here and there, but mostly, it's been craptastic, to use my friend Chad's word to describe nasty weather.

I mentioned Todd has jury duty this week.  That really throws a wrench in our schedule because now I have to drive the kids to and from daycare and preschool (depending on the day), as well as get in my 40 hours of work, even though I can't be in the office for 8 hours each day due to the hour long commute and Grant's daycare hours of 7-5.  I can be here for about 7.5 hours, but not 8.  And I write "here" because I'm typing up this quick blog at work- I'm workin' on a Sunday! 

So anyway, that's about all for now.  Todd said we were going to get a camera "sooner, rather than later."  I think we are just waiting for payday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers