Wednesday, March 2, 2011

NO MORE SICKNESS!!!

Be very thankful I do not have any pictures to post. 

The worst night of our lives as a family occured on Monday night.  I know, I know, you're thinking that I'm being dramatic here, but really, I honestly thought about calling 9-1-1 so someone would be able to take care of my sick children for me.

Yes, we got sick... AGAIN.  This time was the worst.  So I told you all about how Grant got a stomach bug on Sunday morning.  Todd and I thought we did a pretty good job about keeping the kids apart, but of course, both of US were hanging with Grant on Sunday (and then later, Natalie...).  So he was actually great for the rest of Sunday, and all of Monday.  No problems.  Then Monday evening, Todd went to CrossFit and Natalie started complaining that her stomach hurt during dinner and then during her bath.  She didn't even want me to read her any books or sing any songs, so I knew she didn't feel well.  Then as I was saying good night, she thought she was going to be sick.  Thankfully, she made it to the bathroom!  Excellent!  (If you are a parent, you have to understand how thrilled I was about this). 

So then she falls asleep.  Todd gets home and announces that he has been sick at CrossFit.  Uh oh.  Come to think of it, I'm not feeling so great either.  By 10 pm, it wasn't pretty.  The only one who wasn't being sick was Grant.  Oh but that didn't last long!  Somewhere around midnight, Grant got sick too.  Just once for the entire night.  It was bad though, and required a sheet change and a bath.

Meanwhile, Todd and I were also sick all night!  It's very hard to take care of your sick children if you are too busy being sick yourself.  When Grant got sick, after Todd gave him a bath, Todd had to leave to be sick.  I was laying on the floor trying not to be sick myself, and Grant opened up one of his drawers and then put all of his weight on it, smashing his chubby little fingers in the drawer.  I was too sick to even keep a close eye on him to make sure he didn't hurt himself. I couldn't even do my job as a parent.  So I did what any sick person does... called my mom!  She said no, it is not appropriate to call 9-1-1.  Was this not an emergency??  I guess not.  Finally by about 3 am, everyone was done being sick.  It was really the longest 8 hours of my life.  And I'm pretty sure Todd would agree.  My very Paleo husband ate Rice Krispies and coffee ice cream for dinner later that night.  Yikes!

Day two... everyone is feeling much better, and we've done a lot of cleaning today.  Clorox wipes and Lysol are my favorites!

1 comment:

  1. What an awful night! I assume there's a flu going around there in Mass. - Is it a 24 hour thing? Hope you're all back to 100% by now- four days later.

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers