Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cinco de WOD'o

This sort of post usually goes on my other blog http://baileyfitnessblog.blogspot.com/, but it was SO funny that I had to share it with the masses. 

On Cinco de Mayo, Todd and I got a babysitter so we both could go to CrossFit New England and do the 5:30 pm WOD together.  Well, he normally goes to 6:30 pm class, and I usually go to 5:30 AM class, so this was a fun change.  The kicker was, we all had to wear Mexican wrestling masks. 


Here I am doing a pull up in said mask. 


Here is Todd working on his snatch.  Notice how he does a nice job of keeping his knees out over his feet.  And he looks pretty awesome doing it in Mexican wrestling mask.


Same movement, different Bailey, not as much weight, cooler mask.


John Doole did the entire WOD not only in his mask, but also in a suit, and with a bottle of beer in his jacket pocket!  That thing is gonna have to be dry cleaned...


After we worked on the snatch, we all went outside and did a team prowler push.  In our masks.  First, Ben told us the women would be doing 90# pushes and the men would be doing 135# pushes.  Then he changed it up, and the women were at the top of the hill pushing downhill and the men were doing the opposite so he kept it at 135#.  The first round I did okay, I ran the whole way.  The second round I started walking because the thing was so darn heavy.  Thankfully the ground was damp, so that helped move it along a bit. 


Todd and I outside CFNE after the WOD.  Notice the sweat...


After we worked out, we all got cleaned up and went out to Margarita's near the Natick/Framingham line.  You can see, we are NOT eating or drinking paleo here...  This is me with Alysia, Liz, and Trupti.


And here's Todd (with hair, without hat) with Chad (without hair, with hat) and Trosen (without hair, without hat).  Chad is making the funniest face here, so I had to add it to this blog.  We had a blast at Margarita's and it was nice to not only get to work out with my husband, but to hang out with him afterwards... I love babysitters!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers