Monday, May 16, 2011

Opening Day 2011

What the heck happened to this post blogspot?  I swear I completed it, I've read it at least twice on the blog, and then suddenly, all I have is pictures???

Anyhoo... this year, Todd was away for the Red Sox home opener, but we had already purchased the tickets from our friend Jenny.  He told me, "So I guess I'll just sell them..."  And I said, "Whoa wait, are you crazy?  I'm going to Opening Day vs. the Yankees.  Sorry honey!"  Am I mean wife or WHAT?  Seriously though, I would not have been mad if he had gone with someone else.  But who to take?  Well, my dad and brother were both going to the Gator's spring football game the following day, so they were both out.  So I decided to take my uber crazy Red Sox fan friend Fred Knight.  Seriously, the guy is crazy for the Sox. 


We're both members of Red Sox Nation, so we got to go before the game (but after a delicious beverage at Boston Beer Works) to the Monstah seats to check out batting practice.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day, especially for early April when you never know what the weather might be.  It was so awesome to take mega fan Fred down to the awesome Globe seats (we sit in the Globe section).  He was walking right next to me, and suddenly he wasn't there anymore.  I stopped to turn around and he was a few rows back, standing in awe with his mouth wide open.  I know Fred.  I still feel that way when I sit in those seats!


A-Rod scratching his butt.  Really A-Rod?  Really!  How's Cameron Diaz doing?


Seriously, there is no one on this planet I dislike more than A-Rod.  I at least respect Jeter.  I don't like him, but I respect him.  A-Rod continued to lose points with me on Opening Day.  I *might* have had a few beers in me when I saw A-Rod scanning the crowd for chicks (because you KNOW he does that).  As he scanned past me, I blew him some raspberries (which I just found out, ironically, is also called  the Bronx Cheer!).  He saw me, I know he did, but he turned his head back to the field.  Not a moment later, he scanned back and as his eyes met mine again, he blew raspberries BACK AT ME!  Oh A-Rod.  Don't you know it's totally acceptable for ME to make fun of you, but that you can't do it back to me?  Why?  Because you're yucky A-Rod, that's why.  I asked Fred if A-Rod really just blew raspberries at me (you know, in case I'm imagining things) and he said, "I do believe he did!"


Papelbon death stare.


In the end, it was a great day.  Pedroia homered and was 3 for 5.  The Sox beat the Yankees 9-6.  Good times were had by all!


Me and Fred, post game, down by the dugout (which was only 3 rows in front of us anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers