Saturday, March 7, 2020

Good Times Before COVID-19 - Part 1

Between our move back to Boston in early January and the beginning of our lockdown on March 13, we had a few fun times as we were getting readjusted to living in America.



First, Grant finally got to have his Christmas.  We had mailed all of his gifts to Plymouth so you might recall he opened up a bunch of pictures of gifts on Christmas Day in Amsterdam.  He was happy, I guess!



Meanwhile, Todd got a ticket to the Patriots wildcard playoff game against Tennessee, which was Tom Brady's LAST game as a Patriot.



Unfortunately for Todd, big Tom (there on the sidelines) lost his last home game here.  Todd was funny... he didn't really want to go because I think he felt kind of bad that his friend only had one ticket and I couldn't go.  And it's never a cheap ticket.  So I had to actually CONVINCE him to go to this game!



We had a little late Christmas with Todd's family too. Natalie got some new wall art for her room!  The cute boys of BTS on the cover of Time Magazine!



Todd and I had to get the kids registered for school in Holliston, so naturally we stopped by Dah Mee in Natick for some yummy Thai food.



The kids and I also visited Auntie KK's 1st grade class where we did a little meteorology lesson!



I don't know who this is, but they're my new best friend.  Love the Bavarian flag sticker on the back window, too!



Little did we know this would be Grant's last haircut for a super long time.  Grammi always gives him a big boy special!



One of the things we did a few times was drive by our old house on Speen Street in Natick, especially after we moved to Holliston because it wasn't too far away.


Once we were in Holliston, we would randomly get Amazon packages that were being sent to a similar address in Hopkinton (which as we all know is different than Holliston.)  I contacted Amazon about it and they said to "just keep them or throw them away." I got some seriously weird stuff!


I also got to see my Massachusetts besties!  This is pretty much one of the biggest reasons why I love living here!


We also went down to Grammi and Bean's house for a little birthday party for KK (who is hiding behind Madison on the far left!)


While we were there, we had to borrow some tools to fix a wire that had broken on Natalie's braces. Boo.  Good news... I fixed it with the needle nose pliers!



If the weather was good, which it pretty much was this winter, we went on walks on the Holliston Rail Trail.  A LOT of walks.


Natalie was freaking out when BTS was on the Grammy's.  Namjoon did all of the speaking of course as he learned to speak English by watching the show Friends!


And on this day, I felt like I was back in Germany when I took Natalie to the orthodontist and I ran into Heather when I was there!  (We would run into people we knew all over the place in Europe!)


Grant also had four teeth pulled as the orthodontist recommended it because other teeth were right behind the baby teeth that he had to have taken out.  Poor kiddo.


The last time we really saw Todd's family was when we had a bon voyage party for Madison (on the right with GoGo and his girlfriend Anna) who was heading to South Korea to teach English.  This was, of course, right when Covid-19 was peaking over there, so we were all really worried for her. But she is loving it there!



THEN there was that time that Todd thought he had Grant's trainer EpiPen and was showing his mother how to use it (as we were going out on a date and they were watching the kids.)  I had the EpiPen in my hand and was showing her what to do with it when he took it from me and stabbed it into his own leg (which he was reenacting here.)  I looked at him totally horrified and said, "That's not the trainer pen, that's the REAL PEN!!!"



The only "trip" I got to take since we've been back in America was on the train down to New York City and then on the commuter rail down to Edison, New Jersey to pick up George Jetta!



When you ship your car, you are supposed to leave it with under a quarter of a tank of gas, which I did.  When I picked the car up, I literally had 0 miles left.  They completely emptied my tank!  The guy that was at the vehicle pick up building was nice enough to try to give me a TINY amount of gas so that I could make it to the gas station which was 3 miles away.  Phew!



Thankfully the rest of the drive back was uneventful!  Finally George was in Massachusetts and he's already been honking at the questionable drivers here!



While unable to really leave our 2 bedroom AirBnB, we let Natalie put up some posters so that it gave some resemblance of home.



We also took a much anticipated trip to Bill's Pizzeria in Natick - the kids were SO happy!



And of course, we had a nice Valentine's Day.  Well, I did... anyway!

2 comments:

  1. January and February look great. So when does Covid fun begin?

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers