Monday, September 22, 2008

Note to Fellow Mommies: Monitor your vaccinations!

SO... last night, I was sitting on my couch, filling in Natalie's baby album, which I am almost done with (since it only goes up to 1 year, but has a little room for information that goes past a year, such as the dates her teeth). As it turns out, last Thursday at her 15 month appointment, she was given a 4th dosage of the polio vaccination! Babies are supposed to only get 3 doses of the polio vaccination between birth and 18 months. Then they are supposed to get a 4th dose between 2-4 years. However, someone at her pediatrician's office erroneously gave her the 4th dose WAY too early. The dose she got last Thursday was okay, but she was not supposed to receive the dose she got at 12 months. To say the least, I am LIVID. So I made my nice, calm, collected husband call the doctor's office for me this morning. They confirmed what Todd had researched last night- that the 4th dose isn't going to be harmful to her. But I still want answers! I'm not one of those moms that won't ever vaccinate their kids out of fear, but I can totally see why parents don't! The doctor's and nurses can't even keep track of it! They said that the office manager is going to call Todd back tomorrow, so we'll see what he has to say. It's very frustrating. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know...I guess i should write down her 1 yr vax since I didn't do that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought of that one. Thanks for adding to my neuroses, Leen!

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers