Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome to the Blog! Natalie's 15 month appointment

Welcome to The Bailey Planet - I've officially entered the Blogosphere! Natalie had her 15-month appointment yesterday. She weighed 23 pounds 13 ounces (60th percentile); she was 30 inches long (50th percentile), and was off the charts for head circumference at 19.5 inches!!!! So of course, they measured Todd's head also... and he too was off the charts at 24 and 1/4 inches. When we got home, I measured my own head, and at 21.5 inches long, apparently I am ALSO off the charts.
Does her head look that big in this picture? This picture was taken this past weekend in New York at Shea Stadium. My parents, brother, and Todd, Natalie and I went there to enjoy some of the last baseball games that will be played at Yankee and Shea Stadiums. Natalie's first MLB game was the Mets vs. Braves. It was Jorge Campillo starting for the Braves, and Oliver Perez for the Mets. David Wright hit 2 homeruns for the Mets, but they still lost 7-4. We didn't get to see the exciting end of the game because Natalie was getting cranky, but it was a good time anyway. Hopefully her next game will be at Fenway! That's all I have for my first blog. I hope you'll check back later for more exciting Bailey updates!


4 comments:

  1. A large head is usually the sign of great intelligence.She could be the President,an astronaut,a woman priest(yea)and a great mother.Look at her father and Uncle Steve.Both members of the "Sears Large Head Society".Need I say more.She may have a little trouble finding A HAT but hats are not for free spirited women.Just remember "my friends " GET OUT AND MEASURE YOUR HEAD AND THEN VOTE ON nOVEMBER 4TH.GO OBAMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleener! I'm SO excited that you have a blog!! It's now in my favorites, and I've linked to your blog from ours. I read ALL these blogs daily (yours makes 6!). This is Awesome!! -
    I LOVE what Grampi72 wrote. YEAH! Go Dems! If you notice, Republicans have small heads, or those that look like unbaked bread (Karl Rove). -so says Jon Stewart of the Daily Show.
    Natalie is beautiful, and the game sounds like fun! SOOOO Happy your blogging!!!
    Love, Buzz and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere, Leen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to be able to keep up with your family and watch Natalie grow up. We have a blog for Kelsey it's www.kelseysummer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers