Thursday, November 19, 2009

More updates

I don't really have any pictures and not much is going on here. I have been doing some Christmas shopping this week so I can avoid the malls in December. I have mentioned that we are trying to keep Grant at home as much as possible this cold and flu season (until he has to go to daycare at the end of January!)... so I'd rather not take him out shopping with me after Todd goes back to work (next week is his last week home). AND I'm sure as heck not going out on the weekends in December. We live near Natick Mall and it was a madhouse last December when we came up here to go househunting. I'm not going through that again! So... anyway, I got some shopping done and hope to be done with most of it by the time Todd goes back to work!

Anyway... so, ha ha... we took Grant out today (I mean, we can't stay in our house EVERY day!). We went out for an early lunch at Olive Garden to beat the lunch hour rush. Todd and I had our 4 year anniversary last week, and since we have a newborn, we can't really have a date night just yet. So we did a date lunch! And Grant came along. But he is such a good little baby and only squawked a few times. He was awake the whole time and was really quiet and good. He allowed us to have a nice belated anniversary lunch!

We have also started putting him down for some tummy time. He seems to enjoy it. So much, that he falls asleep! I guess it's comfy for him... it's definitely my preferred method of sleeping! Natalie used to scream and cry. Todd thinks that's because we didn't put her on her tummy until she was about 4 months old because of her hip displasia. Anyway, we will definitely be doing a lot of tummy time in the upcoming days and weeks to work on that head control!

I'm very sad that Todd is going back to work after the holidays. He's been working 3 hours every day anyway (at home) but at least we've been able to spend time together and with Grant. Grant is such an easy baby that I don't think the time alone at home with him will be that difficult! I think it will be much easier than my time at home alone with Natalie. At least I hope it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers