Sunday, April 3, 2011

Perfect example of the challenges of parenthood

Oh the things you do for your kids...

Today I spent the better part of an afternoon driving around Natick hunting down Natalie's beloved Pink Bear.  Anytime she gets upset, she goes, "I want Pink Bear!"  Pink Bear is to Natalie what Croco is to me. 


So I remember her having Pink Bear at CrossFit this morning - there are only two classes so Todd had to bring the kids and we had to do the "switch" this morning.  She had him with her there.  I think I remember her having him in the car on the way to 7-11.  I thought she had him when we went in, but then I didn't remember her taking him out of 7-11.  So when I couldn't find him before her nap, my heart sunk.  I felt sure he was back at 7-11.  So I took off for 7-11.  They didn't have it.  I went to CFNE, and couldn't find it in the parking lot.  I went back to 7-11.  I searched the entire house.  I had just cleaned upstairs, so I knew it wasn't up there.  Or wait... was it?  The last place I checked.... the cabinet door part of her armoire.  She had been in there earlier in the day, and he was on the bottom shelf.  Whew.  Crisis averted.

Then, after nap time, Grant woke up cranky.  We gave him milk and a snack and he kept putting his head on the floor, which is a sure sign he doesn't feel well.  I looked at his ears, and his right ear had a ton of pus coming out of it.  Ew.  Time to head off to the ER.  Thankfully it only took an hour, but it was a long hour, as he screamed and cried the entire time.  They said he actually can't burst his eardrums because technically having tubes in your ears means you already have burst eardrums.  But if wax clogs up one or both of the tubes, then you might get an ear infection behind the drum.  Which I'm pretty sure he has.  The one ear and tube that had the pus was doing it's job... draining.  But he wasn't complaining about that one.  Only the left one.  So after a heavy dose of Motrin, and two 'scripts for antibiotics (oral and ear drops) we went home, and he was a much happier camper. 

But mommy was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers