Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trip to the Cape

Every year, Todd and I make a point to join our friends Cooch and Karen at the Cucci family beach house in Wellfleet for a fun weekend away from the kids.  This year, it happened to coincide with my eye surgery, and this turned out to be a VERY good thing, since I could barely keep my eyes open all weekend.  (Warning: Unattractive sunglasses featured below!)

KK so graciously watched the kids for us while we went to my recovery weekend away.  This is how I spent Saturday.  With a shirt over my head.  Note the sunglasses on TOP of the shirt.  Dude, I'm really white.  More trips to the beach next summer, please!


This is how Todd spent his Saturday.  Practicing handstands on the beach in Wellfleet!  We spent the day at the beach, drinking cold beverages, as prescribed by my eye doctor.


We ate a nice dinner outside on Saturday evening.  Lobstahs, steamers, corn on the cob, yum.  This is me, in my awesome granny glasses trying a steamer for the first time.  Not bad, but kinda chewy. 


Hail hail the gangs all here!  It took everything I had to keep my eyes open in this picture.  Mmm, non paleo corn on the cob!  After dinner, we enjoyed the bonfire, some s'mores, some more drinks, and then I promptly enjoyed 12 hours of sleep!  That is the first time in YEARS that I have slept that much.  It was really good for my eyes.


Sunday, we went after breakfast to pick up the kids at KK's house.  We spent the day there as Todd did some outdoor chores for KK as a thanks for watching the kids.  I kept my eyes closed.  In the evening, we ate outside.  The kids were thrilled to eat outside, especially Natalie.  Then we made s'mores in KK's fire pit.  I thought Natalie would go wild for the s'mores, but not so much.  She hasn't been a huge chocolate fan lately.  Look how big my kiddos look in the picture below with cousin Seth!  So cute in their jammies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers