Saturday, April 20, 2024

Spring Break 2024 - Royal Caribbean Cruise Day 7 (Day At Sea)

Our last day was a day at sea, and we made the most of it!


Natalie and I didn't have any reservations for ice skating, but this is LITERALLY her favorite thing in the world - she even works at an ice skating rink, so we had to do it.  We got there super early and were able to get a spot with the first group of the day.


She is officially a much better skater than me now.  In fact, she was better than everyone else there!


I still got it, though!


Fantastic photo, Todd.  What kind of faces are we making here? Oh well, we were definitely the best skaters.


No, I don't WANT to go back to Miami. I want to live on this ship, like Super Mario does.


The bag that I kept my phone in must have gotten some water in it because my photos by the pool looked like they were taken in a sauna.  But this was a cute one of Todd, Grant and my mom!


And one of me, Todd and Grant!


And a much better one of Natalie and her Nana!


Me, my mom and Natalie in the pool on the Oasis of the Seas.


Me and my mama, cooling off in the pool. 


I'm not sure if she's trying to drown him here. Wouldn't be the first time.


Todd had enough of all of us and went to the hot tub. Even on a warm day, it's enjoyable with a tropical drink!


Someone left one of these fancy, comfy chairs so I stole it!


My new favorite bartender was the one by the Lime & Coconut... his name is BEER!


Me, Todd, beer, beer and Beer.


Back in the room, we decided to do our own happy hour with Todd's birthday cake and the champagne we won.  We stopped by Sorrento's for some pizza too (because it was the last day and we hadn't had any yet!).  We also grabbed some OJ for our champagne.


And all of that turned into THIS! Happy hour on the balcony!


While Todd and I had happy hour, the kids finally did the zip line!  Here we are, trying to cram in all the fun activities on the last day.  We didn't get any pictures of Grant, but here is is waiting for Natalie to do the zipline.


And here she is getting ready to zip line on a cruise ship!


Todd took a video but he grabbed a screen shot from the video of Natalie coming into the landing spot.


After happy hour, Todd, my mom and I went down to the Globe and Atlas for one last round of trivia.  These were our answers.


Unfortunately, there was only ONE winner. No second or third place. So when the emcee came over, we jokingly asked her if having one point fewer than the winners meant we got second place. She said yes and declared us the second place winners!  Of course, it helped that we got the last question because it was about her home country, Argentina!


She didn't have anything to give us, so she went to the back and grabbed a couple of the cute bracelets!  Good enough for me!  Really, I just wanted to know if I was in second place for bragging rights.  If you're counting along at home, you'll remember we already got second place in another round of travel trivia.  Two second place wins might not equal our big first place win on the MSC Meraviglia but it's not too bad, considering this ship is much bigger!


Mom and I chatted for a bit after we collected our "winnings" and we pretty much closed down the place because we were the only people in there.


Finally, it was time for our FINAL dinner with Pely and Sandeep! Nooooo!  The people next to us were super sweet and we enjoyed sitting next to them every night. Look, Sandeep KNOWS he is in our family selfie!


One final cruise sunset. We never really got to see the sunsets because we always ate dinner when the sun was setting!


Grant really liked Pely... so he wanted a picture with him and it turned out really cute!


Pely and Sandeep, the best dynamic duo on the ship!  Sorry if you got any other waiter/assistant waiter duo because this one was definitely the best!


After dinner, we naturally needed to go do some karaoke. Here, Natalie and Jordan are singing Rolling in the Deep by Adele.


And after a few songs, everyone was tired so the kids took off - Natalie went out with her ship friends and Grant went back to the room with Nana, much like he did every night!  Todd and I went over to the Bionic Bar to have a not-so-great drink made!  But it was really cool in theory and fun to watch the machines make us a drink.


Although we took this picture as we boarded, I wanted to end this blog series on a happy note by remembering how excited we were about the upcoming week when we boarded.

Until next time, Royal Caribbean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers