Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eventually

Todd and I alternate putting Natalie and Grant to bed each night.  I put Natalie to bed two nights ago, while he gave Grant his bottle and put him to bed.  I love this time with Natalie because she is just so funny.  She tries out her delay tactics on me, but doesn't really fuss when I shut off the light and leave the room.  Two nights ago, after we said our prayers, she asked me, "Why did we move to this house?"  And I said, "Because it was bigger, and we liked the yard and the swingset for you and Grant."  And she said, "I fell off the swing."  Which she almost did.  Over the weekend, Todd was pushing Natalie in the big girl swing (she only rides in the big girl swing now... when did she get so big????).  She leaned backwards and of course, started falling out of the swing.  Todd managed to catch her before she hit the ground, but it scared her nonetheless, so she cried.  So after she told me she fell off the swing, she added, "And I cried."  I said, "You did, because it scared your belly."  And she said, "Yeah, I cried.  Eventually." 

Where does a 2-year-old pick up a word like eventually???  She didn't use it in the right context, but it was almost convincing because she says it so perfectly.  Boy, she is ONE smart cookie.  Love that little girl!!!!!

PS:  I didn't get to the pictures last night because I had to go to the grocery store.  I asked Todd to do it, but he got sidetracked and had to clean some things up on our computer.  I will definitely get to them tonight.  And I apologize for not having a ton of Natalie.  She's going through a camera shy phase right now.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers