Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The big move!

UGH... what a weekend! Thursday night, before our move on Friday... little miss Natalie threw up in her bed. This was the beginning of a stomach bug that has hit our house. She did it again Friday night, and then had a big poop in her bed on Saturday. Poor little thing didn't feel good at all and hardly ate all weekend. Of course... it was moving weekend. Friday, we sent her to daycare because we didn't know she had a stomach bug. She only threw up once (I thought with stomach bugs you do that a lot more often?) and seemed in a good mood Friday morning. Whoops. The movers took ALL DAY to move our stuff. They literally left at 4:45 pm.

KK, Madison, and Seth came on Saturday around lunchtime to help out with the unpacking and watching of Natalie and Grant. It was really helpful... I think we could have used about 8 more people though! Our house is in total disarray. It breaks my heart when my kids are sick, so I was pretty much worthless on Saturday. I can't focus on anything, except the sick kid! Plus, one of the shelves in my china cabinet FELL as I was putting stemware on it. It crashed down and broke one of the glasses. I wasn't too upset about that (except that I had to clean it up!). I was more upset that it chipped the glass wine chiller I got as a wedding gift from Tiffany's!!!!! (From Mike and Betty Smith). I absolutely LOVE that piece. Somehow, all of my china was spared. I guess Lenox makes really sturdy stuff! (I have Lenox's Federal Platinum set)



I had originally taken Monday off to stay at home and continue unpacking. Of course, Natalie still wasn't feeling 100%, so we couldn't send her to daycare. Todd was off work (but took Grant to daycare) and went over to clean the old house and turn in the keys and the garage door openers. Natalie and I stayed home, but I started not to feel well. Uh oh! I had to go and take Grant to his 4 month appointment and by the time I got back, I had to just go to bed. The stomach bug takes another victim! Even Grant's pediatrician said she had gotten it. She said she took a sick day for the first time since she had been pregnant (her kids are in elementary school, I think). It is really going around up here. Grant was grumpy too... he had just gotten shots! Poor little guy. Poor entire family... Mommy's sick, Natalie is sick, Grant isn't feeling well from shots, and daddy has to deal with it all!


So now, of course, I have to stay home on Tuesday. I'm finally back at work today, but not 100%. Just kind of tired, like I had the flu or something. My stomach is fine though!

Hopefully the week will be better... I have to make a bottle run to Babies R Us tonight, and continue unpacking. The weekend is supposed to be really nice- sunshine and mid to upper 40s. This is a heatwave in these parts! Maybe we can all get outside, if everyone is feeling okay! Natalie has already spent some time on the swing set that is at our new place. She is in heaven with that thing. Todd got up on it and tested the swings and slides himself... so if it didn't break under the weight of Todd, we think it will be fine for the kids!

In the meantime, enjoy this sweet picture of Grant that my mom took when she was here.  He is the sweetest baby of all time!  Hey, everything else can only get better, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers