Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving week

Nana is still hanging around our house, cooking us dinner, packing up boxes, and has even gone to the new place to do some cleaning and replacing of the contact paper in the bathroom!  Can you believe it?  We really put her to work!  She is leaving on Thursday and we are going to be SOOO sad when she goes.  She saves Todd and I at least 30 minutes to an hour in the evenings by cooking dinner and cleaning up afterwards.  Meanwhile, Todd and I get the kids ready for bed.  Last night, we had them down and asleep by 7:30!  We were patting ourselves on the back... until I realized that we probably owed that to my mom!

Boxes are still being packed and we had an insanely busy weekend.  Todd bought us a washer and dryer off of craigslist from a poor guy who lost his house.  Todd didn't know this when he offered him less than the asking price of the washer and dryer, but felt really bad, especially when he said, "I think I'll miss the washer and dryer more than anything."  It was so sad, because he had two kids living in the house!  When Todd got there, the guy was still using the dryer (hey, at least we know it works!).  If we didn't buy it, someone else would have.  I just felt so bad for the guy. 

Meanwhile, I was spending money at IKEA.  I bought a LOT of new curtains, a lamp and a rug for Grant's room, a large rug (5 x 8 for only $40!) for the playroom, and a chalkboard/dry erase easel for the playroom.  I spent two hours there and really could have spent all day.  And all of my money!

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures.  We haven't taken very many since we've been so busy trying to pack up.  I'm a crazy fast typer so blogging doesn't take much time, but taking the pictures, getting the pictures off the camera, editing the pictures, and uploading them does take a lot of time!  PLUS... our computer is in our room, which is where Grant sleeps.  He's been going to bed in the 7 pm hour lately, which means we can't really go in there and make a lot of noise.  In the new house, our computer will be in the living room and Grant will be in his OWN room. 

Grant is getting so big and is doing some sort of noise that might be a laugh... I dunno.  He is SO smiley and cute, I can hardly stand it.  He likes to grab at things now (knowingly or not) and can really move all around when he's kicking his legs.  We're working on rolling over, but I think he'll be like his sister and be lazy.  Hopefully he'll be rolling over by 6 months, LOL!  He has his 4 month appointment (plus shots) on Monday, so we'll see how it goes.  I weighed him the other day and he was 13 pounds.  Whew!

Natalie is doing well too... one of her daycare friends is having a birthday this week so they are having cake (or cupcakes or cookies, or whatever they are having).  So she's been talking about that a lot.  I have to go out and buy her some new shoes, because she is finally needing a pair of size 7's!  She has the smallest feet!

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures later this weekend, after we've moved in to the new place! (Which happens Friday when the kids are at daycare).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers