Sunday, February 7, 2010

Some pictures, some scallops, and other ramblings

Sorry that I haven't posted any pictures.  Todd put some new photo editing software in our new computer and I don't really like it.  For some reason, it won't rotate my photos.  It rotates them when the software program is open, but it won't save the rotated pictures to my hard drive.  It saves all of the edits I make - like eliminating red eye, fixing the contrast and brightness, etc.  But it won't save the rotation!  So if you go and look at the pictures on smugmug (link to the right), I apologize for the unrotated pictures.  I'll have to figure out how to fix that later...

ANYWAY... the kids seem to be getting over their colds.  We had a really fun weekend.  Natalie was really behaved Saturday.  I point this out, because she's two and a half.  Not a day goes by where we don't have some kind of tantrum or spaz out.  We went to the Natick winter farmer's market in the morning.  We picked up some lemon honey cheese (sounds weird, but is delicious!), some homemade black bean salsa, and some fresh scallops.  First... Todd and I differ on the way we pronounce the word scallops.  My parents and whole family is/are from the midwest.  So I pronounce them "SKAL-UPS."  Todd is a New Englander, and he pronounces them "SCOLL-UPS."  So everytime I say skal-ups, he corrects me and says, "You mean scoll-ups?"  Same with coupon- KOO-PON is the way I pronounce it.  He pronounces it wrong, like, "Cue-pon."  SO WRONG.  But I digress...

The skal-ups were DELISH!  Oh my... my husband can cook.  Whew!  He sauteed them with butter, olive oil, and a boat load of garlic.  He also added some red pepper flakes and parsley.  He put them on a bed of spaghetti and linguini.  It was amazing.  Unbelievable.  One of my new favorite meals! 

Then... the kids slept until 7:45 (Natalie) and 8:15 (Grant) this morning!  Natalie is just really content to hang out in her crib and sing and talk to herself.  It's really cute.  And really great because we can catch a few extra minutes of shut eye.  Then I went out for a brunch with some new friends.  I met Tiffany through my friend Heather Yori Ingold (I've mentioned this before) and about 8 of us had brunch in Somerville.  Funny story... I ordered biscuits and gravy.  But I was leery of ordering them because they are a very southern food and here I am ordering them in the north.... so these biscuits and gravy could go horribly, horribly wrong.  So I discussed this with the waiter, who told me, "Oh they're totally authentic southern food.  Our head chef is from the south."  To which I perk up... they can't be bad if the chef is from the south!  "Yeah, he's from West Virginia!"  Um... not really buddy, but okay, I'll try them anyway!  (They were good, if a bit heavy on the sausage, and not enough pepper.  I added my own). 

It was a good time hanging out and talking girl stuff- shopping, babies, husbands.  SO FUN.  Apparently these girls get together once a month, so I'm excited about seeing them again in March! 

I've also gotten some packing done this weekend.  Not a lot, but some. 




Here are some semi-recent pics of Grant.  To be honest, I haven't taken ANY of the kids lately.  We keep forgetting the camera when we go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers