Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A week without Daddy...

Daddy has been gone less than 24 hours and WE MISS HIM!!!  He went down to DC for a conference this week.  At least it's only a 4 day work week and he'll be back on Friday.  Whew.  Good thing Nana came to help out!  She is the best... I really don't know what we'd do without her.  Even though I can manage on my own, it is so helpful to have a second person there to watch the kids when say, I need to go to the bathroom, or when I need to put the laundry in the dryer. 

Add on top of this the fact that we are moving next Friday!  Ugh.  Nana is sending the kids to daycare this week and packing boxes while I'm at work.  I mean really, we don't pay her enough!  Okay, we don't pay her at all, but maybe we should!  All of the things she does for us, and Grant repays her by letting some seriously stinky toots (worse than Pop Pop, according to her!), and Natalie throws a fit this morning because Nana has to drive her to daycare, and not Mommy (out of our routine).  She may never come back after this week!!!!!

Meanwhile, I also have a new appreciation for my husband's nightly duties.  Grant still sleeps in our room because he still wakes up once at night to feed.  Because his bedroom is on the second floor, and ours is on the third floor, we don't feel like making the trek up and down the stairs in the middle of the night, so he's still in the pack-n-play in our room.  Last night, Grant kept wiggling out of his swaddle (I just swaddled him in a waffle blanket) and grunts and snorts as he's doing so.  He's a strong little dude.  He went to bed at around 8, and I went to bed at around 11:30.  He wiggled out of the swaddle at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and then was stirring again at about 4:00.  I don't know if he does this every night, because I usually sleep with ear plugs in due to Todd's (and lately Grant's too) snoring.  I think I need to take some swaddle lessons, because I certainly don't do it very well. Todd is the master of the swaddle, and of giving Grant a pacifier without actually waking himself up while doing it.  Anyway, I'm hoping he sleeps a little better tonight because I did not sleep very well last night! 

Good news from Nana... she packed THREE boxes today!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers