Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend update

Natalie and I are still recovering from our colds, and now Grant has come down with it.  Poor guy.  It makes me so sad to see him sick.  He had a fever this weekend as high as 101.1.  Last night, it was "down" to 100.5, but he seemed warm this morning again.  He's also really congested and has a terrible cough. On a good note, he took his bottle at 10 last night and although he was fussing around 2 am, Todd gave him his pacifier and he fell back asleep and didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 5:15!  I took him to the doctor on Sunday and his ears and chest sounded fine, so that is good news too.  Hopefully he won't get any worse. I just keep waiting for this fever to break!

Meanwhile, Natalie is still coughing, but her runny nose seems to be getting better.  I am off and on... some moments I feel great, then an hour later, I feel crummy again.  I hate winter!

On Saturday, we took the kids for lunch at Rise-n-Shine in downtown Natick.  It's our "cheat" day from our diets, so I enjoyed the chicken fingers and onion rings.  I mean, if you're going to cheat, go big, right???? It was good, and reminded me of college, except without the hangover.

After lunch, we swung by the new house.  We went inside to check out the rooms again, to see where we can fit our furniture, and what to use the rooms on the first floor for (we've decided adult living room, playroom, and guest room!).  We also wanted to check the layout of the bedrooms, to see which room would fit our furniture.  I think we have it all figured out.  But Natalie was SO excited to be at the new house.  I've never seen her so excited over something.  She was running around, spinning in circles, hopping and doing little jumps... it was really funny.  Although now that I think about it... maybe she inherited the gypsy gene from Todd and me?  Uh oh!  Later when we were back at home, she was still talking about it.  She even said, "We will take all of our toys to the new house!"  The good news is, we will have ROOM for all of our toys! 

More good news... I just heard from Todd and Grant's temperature is back to 98.6!  Hooray!

PS:  The computer is almost totally set up.  We have a *NEW* photo and video editing software, so pictures are forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers