Friday, March 5, 2010

How are things coming along?

Oh, not very well!  I think the stomach bug has left the house... knock on wood... but Natalie and I are both just now getting our appetites back.  I finally took a ton of pictures and video last night... but of course, haven't had time to get them off the camera. I promise, I will this weekend.  Be prepared for an influx of pics! I may even throw a video on here.

Last night we put Grant in the bumbo.  Boy that kid sure is cute.  He didn't even mind it.  He just hung out there, chomping on his hand. I even gave him a toy to play with, which he did.  He only got frustrated when he didn't know how to move his arm/hand to reach for it after he moved it across the bumbo tray.  I got that on video.  So cute, and so fun to watch them learn, and the frustrations of being a baby.  We take our most basic movements for granted!

G had his 4 month appointment on Monday.  He was 14 lbs, which is in the 30th percentile still.  He's 25 and 3/4 inches long, which is in the 80th percentile. I can't remember what his head circumference was, but it was in the 55th percentile.  A little string bean (still).

Natalie is so funny... she is so smart and is the apple of her brother's eye.  The other day, she was working on something with Todd and she said, "No daddy, that's not correct."  I mean, what 2 year old uses the word correct???  Properly!  Then yesterday, as I was getting off the train, I hear a little voice above me in the bank parking lot (with daddy) yelling, "MOMMY!  MOMMY!  Were you on the train???"  I have to remind you... the kid is obsessed with trains.  She continued: "Was it fun?  Was it fast?  Did you sit near the window? Did you look outside?"  These are all questions I expect a 6-year-old to ask, not a 2-year-old.  I had to explain that it was fun, it is pretty fast, I always sit near the window, and only sometimes look outside because I'm busy reading my book! 

Last night, I put up some curtains in our living room.  I hemmed them myself!  Before you get too excited about that... they are from IKEA and come with a self adhesive glue tape thingy that you iron on to make the hem.  I did have to measure and cut the fabric, but then I just ironed it on!  Then I ironed both of the curtains and voila!  Curtains!  Of course... on one of them, I put the darn hem on the front (wrong) side of the curtain.  Grrr.  Well, Martha Stewart, I am not.  That curtain went behind the couch anyway (at least the hemmed part did) so no one will even see it.  They look pretty darn good.  Todd put together our new fabulous TV stand that he went and picked up yesterday.  It took all evening, but luckily Parks and Rec and the Office were on, so that kept us entertained.  That is ALL we got done yesterday though.  I'm ready to tackle some rooms this weekend, despite the fact that the weather will be AWESOME up here (around 50 and sunny both days).  I'm not doing anything until I get this darn house in order!  It might be the death of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers