Monday, March 15, 2010

Rainy Days and Monday's always get me down

It's raining... and it's been raining for days...

But at LEAST Grant slept until after my alarm went off this morning!!!!  This is a HUGE accomplishment.  My alarm goes off every morning at 5 am.  Yes, it takes me 3 hours to get ready, get the kids ready (with Todd's help of course), get to the train station, and get to work every morning.  For the past several weeks, Grant has woken up EVERY morning at 4:30 to eat. It's like clockwork.  By the time I'm done feeding him, it's around 5, so I can't go back to sleep.  So I've been living off of 5-6 hours of sleep every night for the past few weeks, except for the weekends, when I can manage to get 8 or so. 

Friday night, we decided to do a little CIO.  For those of you not down with the baby acronyms... this means Cry-It-Out.  Naturally, he woke up at 4:30, so Todd went in, gave him his pacifier, swaddled him up, and left.  He started crying, but I gave it 5 minutes before I went in.  I put the pacifier back in, and rub his forehead, and go back to bed.  He was quiet for a few minutes, then he would cry. I waited another 5 minutes... and so on... for about 30-40 minutes.  Finally at about 5:10 am, he stopped crying and fell back asleep until about 6:30.  Then I got up and fed him, and put him back to bed.

Saturday night, he woke up in the 5 am hour (I think... these sleepless nights run together!) and Todd gave him his pacifier, reswaddled him, and he fell right back to sleep!  Hooray!  Then he didn't wake up until about 7.  I fed him, and went back to bed.  I can't remember when Todd got up, but he got both of the kids up and let me sleep in.  I slept until 9:30!!! I really could have slept longer, but I was a bit guilt ridden.  :-)

This morning... my alarm went off at 5 am, and only a few minutes later he woke up to eat.  Which is FINE with me... because it's NOT 4:30!!!!  Amazing how much better I feel with just an extra half hour of solid sleep.  I hope this trend continues!

As for his ear infection, he is taking his antibiotics like a good boy and he seems to be feeling much better.  He's still coughing a bit, but it's not as bad as it was last week.  I'm thankful.  I'm ready for temps in the 60s later this week (with SUN!).  Maybe we can finally get rid of all of these illnesses we've had in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers