Tuesday, June 15, 2010

If it's not one kid, it's the other

Sometimes I find that coming up with a title for my posts is the most difficult part of the post.  That was not the case today.

So after Natalie spent some time in the ER on Saturday for her dislocated elbow, Grant came down with a 101 fever on Sunday.  And he didn't nap much.  He napped for an hour, and I spent that hour trying to get Natalie down for her nap (ahem... she also did not want to nap apparently.  I found her in her room having a "tea party" with her animals on the floor!).  Once I finally got her in bed, I went downstairs to get some work done, only to have you-know-who wake up from his nap about 10 minutes later.  He's a pretty darn good napper, so I immediately thought something was wrong.  He felt warm to me too, but really displayed no other symptoms!  Except for that not napping business of course, but he didn't have a runny nose or a cough and he wasn't sneezing.  He was like this on Monday too- woke up a bunch of times in the night (paci put him right back to sleep though) and Todd took him to the doctor Monday morning.  Thankfully his temperature was 100.6 at the doctor's office- otherwise, I'm sure they would have thought we were crazy.  They said it was probably viral and that it will run it's course in a few days.  This morning, he was in the 98's, so that is good.  He tends to fluctuate with his fevers (and not because he's on medicine- he hadn't had anything since about 7 pm last night when I gave him a dose of Motrin).  So hopefully the fever has broken, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let's talk about some FUN events we have coming up!  I hate being Debbi Downer with all of this illness/injury talk.  Tonight Todd and his friend Mike are going to bottle their beer at Barleycorns.  Admittedly, this isn't much fun for me (me + Natalie + Grant + no help = not so fun) but I do get to enjoy a tasty brew when he brings it home.  And I know Todd really likes brewing, so it makes me happy that he is happy.  Second, tomorrow night, the kids are staying at Maureen's (BLESS YOU!) and Todd and I are going to the Sox-Diamondbacks game.  I just read that Jon Lester is pitching!  We are sitting in our super-awesome-wicked-cool seats right behind the visitor's dugout (thanks Jenny!)

This weekend should be pretty fun too, provided my kids stay healthy.  We are hosting Father's Day/Bean's Birthday/Natalie's birthday on Sunday.  Today is Warren's actual birthday - happy birthday to the BEST father-in-law ever!!!!  So the Bailey's are invading Natick and we are going to grill out and have cocktails and cake.

And did I mention that the Celtics are in the finals and are playing Game 6 tonight?  If they win, they will win the championship!  And there will be a parade, that I'm sure Todd and I will go to!  GO C's -- BEAT L.A.!

In closing, the babies are doing better, and fun times are ahead!  I will leave you with a picture of the kids playing together on the couch this past Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers