Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Single Parents

Todd is down in Charlottesville, VA for some procurement fraud training (sounds so exciting, huh!?!) so that leaves Mommy home alone with the kids.  So far, things are going pretty well.  Both kids were well behaved last evening, and I didn't have any problems getting them fed and to bed last evening.  Of course, Natalie and I ate waffles for dinner, since I am a nightmare in the kitchen!  Tonight it's chicken and rice, because it's kind of hard to screw that up.

Grant is doing okay with the rice cereal.  He can't quite figure out what he's supposed to do with it once it's in his mouth... should he chew it?  He just kind of spits it out with his tongue.  After about a half a bowl, he gets grumpy and starts crying.  Maureen said once we start mixing in something with flavor, he will probably enjoy it more.  Let's hope!  He is officially done nursing, and there's only a few days left of the BM reserves.  I'm sad, but I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY looking forward to going to Atlanta next weekend and having some fun with my girlfriends!  No need to worry about pumping anymore, and I'm getting so much more done at work.

I've been thinking ahead to the weekend, and this is the first weekend of the Natick Farmer's Market.  We love to go and get fresh veggies for salads and fresh fruit for Natalie.  I can't wait until August when it's peach season.  The best peaches I've ever had came from the Natick Farmer's Market.  Bakery On the Common is there too, and we like to stop in for some breakfast.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers