Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend with the girls

A couple of times a year, I like to go to Atlanta and see my best girlfriends.  It's so hard, because I have so many friends down there and not enough time to see them all.  But I got to see most of the ZTA girls when I was there this past weekend.  Here is a picture of us girlies...


It's Melissa Ayala Holland, Kara McLaughlin, Kim Robinson Schaff, Kristin Bayless Hammersmith, Stacie Wright Dees, and yours truly.

We hung out with Stacki on Friday, and got to enjoy seeing the boys (her twin sons Gavin and Owen) getting off the bus on their LAST day of kindergarten.  All of the neighborhood parents bombarded the kids with water guns and water balloons.  There were popsicles and water balloon tosses afterwards.  The boys were sad that they had to leave their teachers (ah, enjoy the innocence now!), which was really cute.  Friday evening, Kara, Stacki and I met up with Stacie, Braxton, baby Nathan, and Ayala at Mellow Mushroom. YUM!  I stole a beer glass, which is one of my favorite pasttimes.  :-)  Mellow Mushroom is one of my favorite pizza places- so I definitely needed a pint glass from there!

Saturday, Kara, Stacie, Ayala and I went up to the North Georgia outlets and did a little shopping.  I got a few things with my Ann Taylor gift cards that I had from Christmas and a few things for the kids.  But my big purchase was a Kate Spade big work bag. I'm so in love with this bag!  It was orginally $255, on sale for $179, with another 30% off.  So I got it for $134.  Which was about $100 less than my Coach purse, and it's twice the size!  Thanks to Ayala and Kare Bear for convincing me to get it! :-)

Saturday evening, we had a cookout at Kara's house.  Bayless and Kimmy joined us for burgers, pasta salad, pretzel salad (which I would like the recipes to both, ladies!), cheesecake, wine, and Taboo! Later on in the evening, Cory and Brie also joined us!  What?  Don't they live in Charleston?  Why yes, they do!  They were using the Delta pass to go to Costa Rica on Sunday for their honeymoon, but the flights from Charleston to Atlanta were full Sunday morning, so they had to go to Atlanta Saturday evening.  They stayed at Kara's with me, and then Kara was nice enough to take us all to the airport early Sunday morning.  I'm happy to report that they got first class to Costa Rica, and are enjoying their honeymoon!

Meanwhile, Todd and the kids went to Plymouth for the weekend.  Natalie got in some tricycle riding, and some time at the new heated indoor pool.  Also, Helen's birthday is coming up, so they had a nice dinner and cake on Sunday for her.  I won't say how old she is, but let's just say it's a big milestone! :-)  I'm sad that I missed it, but I got home Sunday afternoon and got several hours of cleaning and laundry in, which is so great.  Natalie was so cute when she got home, she said, "Mommy! I haven't seen you in a while!"  This is her new favorite phrase, because later in the evening, she said, "Let's read this book.  We haven't read it in a while."  

It was a fun, but exhausting weekend.  Now we are looking forward to our three day Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers