Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just look at this face


This look basically describes Natalie of late. So cute, and so grumpy sometimes. She is having a bit of trouble with patience lately. I am just hoping it's the terrible twos and not how she actually will be! She can't seem to make up her mind, and when she does, she wants it her way only. Yesterday, when we went to see Paul Revere's house in Boston, she couldn't decide whether she wanted to ride in her stroller, or walk along side it. But the very second she changed her mind about it (which was about 10 times over the course of a mile), she wanted it right NOW. Like, "I get in da stroller!" (Imagine a toddler screaming and crying and writhing around). We try to calmly tell her that all she has to do is ask- she doesn't need to cry or raise her voice. All she needs to say is, "Daddy, may I please get in the stroller now?" Of course, she immediately looks up at us with those big blue eyes, smiles and says, "Daddy may I please get in the stroller now?" Why of course, since you asked so nicely! But inevitably, a few minutes later, we hear her scream, "I get out and walk!" UGH. She is like a little Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde lately! We can't decide if it's just the terrible twos, or if the combination of ear tubes this week, a new baby on the way, and potty training is what is causing the ruckus.

Good news... tonight I just spotted her lower left 2-year-old molar coming in! Hooray! I am hopeful this is a big source of the crankiness. (In addition to the above mentioned things). I didn't see one on the lower left side and didn't push my luck trying to see the upper gums. "Maybe tomorrow", as Natalie says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers