Friday, September 18, 2009

Natalie's first test

Well, Natalie is coming down with a cold (just about every kid I know has one right now!) so this will be the first true test of the tubes. I am a little nervous because Jason (of Reese's Pieces blog fame) told me his daughter Reese got an ear infection only 3 weeks after she got her tubes put in! (Guess how many weeks it's been since Natalie's tubes were put in ... about 2.5 weeks!). He did say that after that ear infection, it's been 7 months and she's been ear infection free, so that is encouraging. Let's hope Reese and Natalie remain ear infection free through the winter!

Of course, Natalie's cold means she doesn't sleep very well, which means Todd and I don't sleep very well. Last night (or, I should say... this morning at 4:30 am) she woke up crying for water. We knew this was coming and had a premade cup of water for her in her room. Todd took her temperature and it was only 99.2- so clearly she's fighting something off but it's not that bad yet. I keep saying to myself, "Better to get all of the colds and illnesses now... rather than when she's in school!" Somehow, I think she'll still get them :-)

Meanwhile, Baby G is moving right along. No new news to report there. He's still an active little fella.

In other news, Todd sold his car! After about a week of NOTHING, he got a phone call from a guy who wanted to test drive it and possibly buy it for his daughter (who was about 22 and graduating from college. Geez, my parents told me to get a job!). Well, he liked it, so he's picking it up this morning. No more Senor Civic. (My car is Sally Civic!) I always get really emotional for some reason when selling a car. I remember being young and being in my dad's big white Oldsmobile, shedding a tear because I would miss it. (Then we got the Camry, and that car rocked too). There are a lot of good memories with Senor Civic... we took him to NYC the weekend we got engaged (and he blew a fuse in traffic near the Holland Tunnel, causing the car to overheat and Todd to panic because he said he could just envision our entire weekend being spent in New Jersey, thousands of dollars poorer because the car had to be fixed!). Turns out it was just a $20 fuse. Then, we brought Natalie home from the hospital in Senor Civic. As Natalie knows now, "Mommy's car is black. And Daddy's car is green." There were many fun family adventures in that car, but now... he's gone, and we need something bigger to accomodate our growing family. So this weekend, we have to go out and buy a car! Hopefully we find something we like this weekend, but we aren't in a crazy rush because I take the train to work and Todd can take my car. I want to find something though, because then I can drive next week and not have to battle all of the illnesses on the train. YUCK.

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cool memories in that car! Wow. I can relate - when Tom and I traded in my old Toyota pick up for the new one, we were kind of sad, because we had our very first date driving in that truck. You'll make new memories in your new car, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers