Thursday, October 8, 2009

26 more days...

I like my countdown tickers at the top of this blog. It helps me stay focused.

So... only 26 more days and we still have some things to do. Very important things. Like getting a manicure, pedicure and pre-natal massage next Friday. This is VERY important. I also need to get my car cleaned (washed, waxed, inside cleaned, etc.). I am planning on doing this on Sunday - weather depending, and trip to New Hampshire this weekend depending. We are hoping to go to Durham, NH for the University of New Hampshire's homecoming football game. We have no plans to go to the game, but we wanted to see the campus and enjoy the homecoming festivities. TWC was calling for rain, but they keep decreasing the chances, so maybe we'll get lucky and have some nice weather.

We also are anxiously awaiting the swine flu shot. Natalie needs both flu shots (seasonal and swine), and Todd and I only need the swine flu shot. Whenever that may be!

AND... I need to get my hair cut and colored. I've gotta look good when this baby gets here. I can't have him coming out of the womb, taking one look at me, and crying his eyes out because he's frightened of his scary looking mommy! (OK, he will probably be crying anyway, but at least if I get myself put together beforehand, I know it won't be because I'm scary!). Meanwhile, we also have OB and Mandy's wedding on the 24th. Mandy has already made it very clear that I am not allowed to go into labor before their wedding. Duly noted!

This morning, Todd and I got Natalie signed up for pre-school... for NEXT September! She will be going to Face Children's Center in Natick for at least 3 days a week (full days). We have her on the wait list for the 5 day a week program. It seemed really neat and fun there, and we think it will be a good fit for her. She will be in the Teddybears class. They have a garden, a big playground, lots of arts and crafts time, a dance instructor that comes every other week, lots of reading and playing, cooking (yes, the real thing!) and overall, just a good well-rounded curriculum. I'm not wanting it to be too rigorous. I want her to have FUN while learning. Check out their website for more information (I'm providing the link to the daily schedule): http://www.facechildrenscenter.org/curriculum/daily.php

So that's all the news that's fit to print for now. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think I will implement arts and crafts time in the Oakland office. Natalie can come out for business trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swales you're so close! We are so excited for you. Little boys are the cutest, you'll love it. Although I did have to have jon help me learn how to clean around the 'package'. I didn't know what hurt or not, I've never had to do that before. Also, be forewarned..you will get peed on ALOT!

    ReplyDelete

The Bailey Planet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers